Bramble & Lily use a five-point scale to describe the condition of our vintage clothing, ranging from Excellent to Poor:
- Excellent: Vintage clothing items in excellent condition appear as if they have never been worn before. There should be no visible signs of wear, such as holes, stains, or discoloration, and all closures should be intact and functional. The fabric should be crisp, clean, and free of any signs of aging.
- Very Good: Vintage clothing items in very good condition may show minor signs of wear, such as slight discoloration or minor repairs. However, they are still in good wearable condition, with all closures intact and functional. Any repairs or alterations are well done and do not detract from the overall appearance of the garment.
- Good: Vintage clothing items in good condition may show signs of wear, such as small holes, stains, or fading. However, they are still wearable, with all closures intact and functional. The fabric may be slightly worn or faded, but still has some life left in it.
- Fair: Vintage clothing items in fair condition may have significant signs of wear, such as larger holes or stains, and may require repairs or alterations before they can be worn. The fabric may be significantly faded or worn, and closures may be missing or in need of repair.
- Poor: Vintage clothing items in poor condition are heavily worn or damaged, with significant signs of wear and tear, such as large holes, tears, or stains. The fabric may be severely faded or worn, and closures may be missing or damaged. These items may be suitable only for use as costume or for repurposing.
We at Bramble & Lily want to make sure you have a clear idea of the condition of each piece before you make your purchase, so please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have.